The SkyBaby travel mattress is a product by Not Rocket Science Ltd. We are a UK-based company established in 2009 aiming to make the lives of parents simpler. Our concepts bring together form, functionality and high quality materials into unique and practical solutions.
The SkyBaby travel mattress was created by us, Rachel and Nico Arvanitis. As a regular traveller with her 2 daughters Rachel found that flying with babies was not easy. She was looking for a product to help create a comfortable sleeping environment during flights as an alternative to sleeping on her lap or in an airline bassinet on long haul flights. Identifying a gap in the market, along with her engineer husband she designed and manufactured a lightweight, practical travel mattress and launched the finished product in 2012. It is now available worldwide.
SkyBaby was finalist for two awards (2013) with the UK & European Baby Products Association: Innovation Award & Baby and Nursery Trade Award. It has received lots of praise from the mummy blogging community and is available in retail outlets around the world.
Our goal here is simple: Give families with babies more freedom to enjoy and experience travel. For the baby this means comfort and safety; for the parents it means products ergonomically designed to provide practical solutions with minimum effort.
What’s important to us? Not only do we want to solve problems to help families with young children, but we aim to give our products the design edge to enable you to step out in style!
Baby Travel Mattress for flying with a baby
SkyBaby travel mattress is specially designed to make travelling with a baby more easy on an aeroplane. This unique product is a comfortable alternative to having your baby sleep on your lap or on a long haul flight in an airline bassinet. It is not always feasible to buy a separate seat for your infant and some airlines do not allow baby car seats so it can be difficult to create a pleasant sleeping environment for your baby. SkyBaby provides a simple, lightweight, portable solution that can be packed away easily into its small carry bag and can be used with the aeroplane infant seat belt if available.
- Comforts Baby against the contours and edges of your arms and lap
- Fully washable product
- Provides peace of mind that your baby will sleep comfortably wherever in the world you fly and whichever airline you choose
- Suitable from 0-2 years depending on the size of your baby or infant
- Includes a thicker padded pillow section
- Wings hug your baby for extra comfort, quick and easy to open and close
- Designed to work with the airline infant belt (if used)
- Lightweight (0.3kg)
- Easy to pack away into its small carry bag
- Use the bag provided to contain any spills.
- Fits easily into hand luggage or use the clip provided on the product bag to clip the SkyBaby externally to any bag/strap, saving more space
Mummy in the City, a blog about life with a baby and toddler, says: “Sky Baby Travel Mattress worked. She slept for two and a half hours straight at lunchtime.”
Product dimensions: 56cm (L) x 29cm (W) with wings closed around baby. 56cm x 74cm (wings open, wings are flexible).
Passes: BS EN ISO: 12952: Part 1